Virtual Pitch Competition for Women and Founders of Color awards a total of $8,500 in Non-Dilutive Cash Prizes to MedTech Startups
Startups focused on innovative medical device technologies can apply to pitch virtually to a group of esteemed judges for cash awards totaling $8,500 and connections to industry decision-makers and investors interested in hardtech.
Thursday, August 5th, 2021
This pitch competition will occur online on Thursday, August 5th, between 4:30 pm. and 5:30 p.m. Central Standard Time. If you would like to be in the audience, register to attend as an audience member.
Pitch Competition Eligibility:
• At least one founder must be female or a person of color
• The MedTech Startup must be pre-series A
• Must be hardtech startup (with elements of physical product and software)
• Startup must be in the field of Medical & Health Technology
Areas of Focus:
We are looking for breakthrough medical device technologies focused in medicine delivery, remote patient monitoring, wearables, therapeutic devices, and more. Example Technologies include, but are not limited to:
- Chronic disease management tools
- Care management at home
- Touchless technologies
- Minimally Invasive monitoring
- Low-cost analyte sensing
- Health & Medical Technologies for detection or monitoring of life-threatening conditions
- Diagnosis and measurement of malnutrition
- Connected therapeutic devices
- Improved drug delivery methods
- Extracorporeal blood oxygenation and CO2 removal technologies
- Technologies that improve surgical tissue repair, nerve repair / regeneration of vascular anastomisis
- Point-of-use water filtration for medical use
Be part of the Pitch Competition Audience!
If you want to see the top 5 application finalists pitch live to a virtual audience on Thursday, August 5th, 2021 between 4:30 and 5:30 pm CST, sign up to participate as an audience member!
Judges Panel for the Pitch Competition:
Heather Walsh – MedTech Cohort Executive Director, mHUB
Melissa Cohen – Managing Director, Edward-Elmhurst Health Venture Capital
Steven Collens – CEO, MATTER
Isaac McCoy – Dean of School of Business, Stillman College
Leslie Smith – National Director, GET Cities
Dimitra Georganopoulou – President, Women in Bio
Cristian Menzel, Innovation – Renal Care at Baxter International Inc.
Last December, seven finalists virtually pitched for cash prizes and industry connections in front of a group of eleven esteemed judges from all across the IIoT sector. After a paper round of judging and the pitch night itself, winners received cash awards and access to leaders in the Industry 4.0 sector. Meet those winners from the 2020 pitch competition.